Sunday 11 December 2011

24 Hour Painting Challenge - 23 hours 35 minutes in

Now for the final update, I've finished the last veteran squad with about 30 minutes to spare.

I'm now going to have something to eat, and then probably collapse into bed and not get up for a week (or at least until tomorrow lol!)

Proof pictures are below, I haven't added names to all of the bases, just the first 5 that I was trying it out on but I think I will do this to all of the models, as I think it adds a bit of character to the models. Its not just 'Random Guardsman 67' , its Rifleman Jenkins, who took out the eldar grav tank with his meltagun before it could dismount its troops onto Hill 370 in the Battle of Huang Ji, and who killed the Tau commander in the penulitimate battle of the Freema Campaign. So they will be named, just not today :)

First Squad


Second Squad


Third Squad



Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Pug on finishing all the men, I've found guar dmodels more time consuming than marines to paint due to all the little additions. Was good going you finishing 30 in a day as between tirdness and boredom you couldhave struggled.

    So, when's the next painting batch? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why I like camo, you don't need to worry about the details and additions - it all gets done camo style.

    To be honest I did struggle, not so much at 4/5 as I'd probably be up that late on a saturday night anyway, but come 7/8 I was like a zombie, but without the craving for BRAINS!

    Next batch is gonna be 10 guys, over the course of a week or two.

    ReplyDelete