Saturday 10 December 2011

24 Hour Painting Challenge - 1 hour, 15 minutes in

First thing I've done is to complete the bases that I'll be placing the models on as I will need to wait a while for the glue to dry.

This is where I have cheated the most, the secret is in the picture you see below...

Yep, its a mixture of coarse sand, fine black sand, a couple of different colours of static grass and a small amount of medium ballast I had lying around. All dumped into a spare tub I had lying around and mixed together nicely.


With this mixture all I need to do is to spread a small amount of PVA glue across the top of the base, dip it in the mixture, shake off the excess and then put aside to dry. Lo and behold 10 bases in about 5 minutes...



I have all 30 bases done as well as having completed the conversions for the meltaguns that I'll need, lasguns are the next thing on my list...

No comments:

Post a Comment