Thursday, 10 November 2011

3rd Salopian Airborne Rangers - Part 3

Part 3 of this series is all about the paint scheme I've chosen. I wanted somthing realistic but quick to paint. These photos are of one of my veterans I converted last week, the weapons they're carring have been made into carbines similiar in style to my autoguns, and as you can see from the pictures below I've removed the shoulder pads from the arms to give them a lighter armoured, more modern, look.

It was originally my intention to paint the army in a desert camouflage scheme but after much thought, I decided to adopt a temperate DPM style for the fatigues.

This is my test model for the scheme. It took around 30 minutes (not including drying times) to paint, but with an assembly style production (and practice) I should be able to get this down to about 20 minutes which would be the ideal for painting 60 models for the Arkham Iron Painter event

No comments:

Post a Comment